Native what? Native land? Native mind?
I am sick and tired of people bashing LA, my home. Don't fucking live here...I beg all you non-native jackasses to leave, never to return. I see you types all the time. You are a target, you all have that same sparkle in your eye, looking for something here. We have a saying, "Welcome, but make sure you never come back, again!" It's always the person who moved here later in life or simply not born and raised. Yes, indeed LA was clean for the fucks who are clueless thinking it's always been this sorta burnt, plastic nightmare that Hollywood constructed. Anyone who knows anything about the industry or anyone successful in it, will gladly tell you how much of shit hole the whole scene is. But outsiders don't fucking realize it's smoke screen for revenue and very bad things. This isn't new, the industry has always been like this and anyone who aspires to be filmed, put on camera, or remotely looking for fame ball attention, you best question their character, just like the non-natives who have the audacity to rip on the facade.
I'm not even going to go into the stereotype of the scavenger who moves here. Yea, funny how all these people who judge and say the people who live here are indeed the scavengers, when they're too stupid to realize the city got a hold of them, crawled up their ass and died. If you don't understand the dynamics of the city and it's surroundings, yea, it'll fuck your shit up real good. Headline news! This isn't anything new at all with cosmopolitan areas, there are some who don't have the emotional fortitude to navigate properly with a clear mind through the labyrinth that is LA.
I'm not going to get into semantics over population, traffic, or things like violence. My simple answer again to the person questioning, "Don't live here, then!" What people need to know without all the seedy underling shit that happens in such a huge, spread out city, is that Los Angeles was a very nice place in the late 70's. It was clean. Beaches weren't places to trash on any given weekend. It wasn't until the 1984 Olympics that it turned sour. I'm sure I could gather up research concerning the politics at the time and who was fucking who to payoff their local mob--not gonna bother. But to this day, there are natives who do take care of this place. They are called locals, you find them in every town. And one could argue that, "what about minorities who trash their hoods with graffiti?" I see no difference from the cholo who tagging versus the white trash fuck who won't clean up his fucking front yard in a populated town of 1,200 on the outskirts of Portland. Same difference. But you'll get the argument from the outsider saying, "but that's not the cholo's property to ruin." That's when I tune out and start sending signals to the Universe to have this person gone from the city limits in 9 months or less. There are people like myself who love and understand the city and this does not make me a bad person. Like anything, it's a sympathy, just like having to stare at a unkempt yard because of a lazy mother fucker in Hickville.
Most of the bullshit you seen on the boob tube, highlighting shows based on LA reality shows...THESE PEOPLE AREN'T EVEN NATIVES. They are transplants who have tarnished and created this bullshit veneer that people see on the screen. And don't even get me started on the industry people who try to blend in with the coastal life, it doesn't work. I have seen this already with a few of those Hollywood losers and they have moved within 3 years, tops. Thankfully! I have seen this place cycle twice now. It's coming out of it's down tick and ramping up again for another make over. You can even seen this in real estate trends. You can see this with any market! It's obvious that this is heated topic because I have to see people rag on a place that offers some really wonderful places to camp, hike, water ski, snow shoe, etc. I could go on and on as the list is endless. But, they come and they come in droves, these sun loving idiots. They can't manage their fields and get swallowed whole by the grind, then blame the city itself. Maybe they should question why the fuck they came here to begin with and who the hell they were hanging out with. IT'S NOT JUST THE CITY. Rich in culture and diversity, which I revel in, it's a beautiful thing if you know how to navigate. Don't be stupid about shit and she won't eat you like Dim Sum. Be an idiot with your internal compass and she'll pop you in her mouth like 燒賣!
I have never, ever gone to another persons home town and ripped on it because I thought it was terrible or felt off put by the vibe. It's just fucking rude and if you don't like where you're visiting, explain to your company that you prefer them to visit you instead. Rude. LA has some dark areas but that doesn't mean we're all horrible people living here waiting to suck the blood of the next tourist home comes asking for directions to the Crappiest Place on Earth! Leave. Please.


No comments:
Post a Comment