Shall we?
Hella money maker! I got lucky with the "do-it-yourself divorce" kit. THANKFULLY! The nigga gave me nothing and I took nothing except my kids, cat, surfboard, and beat up Honda. I wonder how profitable it is nowadays? Divorce was trending high for the yuppies who approaching their late 30's and realizing the american dream they built was false and a 6-8 year go about with marriage, big houses, and 2.3 children was a bust. I was much younger, done by age 26 only to realize, I am not and never will be marriage material. I'm all about the supposed "womanly role", I get that shit and I play that part well, but to be legally bound and have some other individual either motivated or not motivated take my hard earned money.....no. Yup, money is a main driver for me and I'm not afraid to admit this AT ALL. It helps me travel and enjoy the things I like. I live modestly, do not have closets full of clothes. I have 4 pair of shoes, two which are seasonal. I do have excess in my home, quite minimal. I don't have pictures or chachki shit everywhere. Clean and minimal.
Seasonal - flops (summer) and uggs (winter)
Practical - boots for evening and heels for work (1 pair each)
You tell me what other girl you know who has less and if you can she just may be a friend of mine. I hate excess, it freaks me out. I see color coordinated closets and all I see is psychopathy. Anyway, for what it is worth, I purge once every 3 months and give where I can. I am a volunteer at Long Beach Mission and luckily have been able to donate most of everything I need to toss out. I was giving the the major distributors of charity but stopped. And I don't wanna give to second hand because it makes my skin crawl to know some hipster piece of shit may wear it. Since I am well into the second half of my life and seeing no trend in money changing valuation (sorry all you conspirators who think the change will come) anytime soon. Money rules this place and money makes money, if you're smart. The key is investment and how to live within minimal outflow. We live in a stupid society so for the most part we have to rely on the trend of consumerism to predict where profit will produce gains.
Which brings me back around to divorce because it is actually a "product" that is package and sold to the many administrators involved. Remember the more hands and channels, the bigger the expense...blah blah blah. I think it's sort of funny how in the last 25 years there has been this model of living built upon tinier models that are useless but only grow because the system puts added bureaucracy and regulations in place to execute whatever legal matters you may be tied to. A great example I heard was, "wiping out a huge rainforest to make 1,000 useless key chains, because at the time those key chains were trending." I understand the uptick in minimalism, where it may help the average to shed "stuff" is it really helping them along in their psychological health. I helped a friend de-clutter their life about 3 years ago. I could tell she meant well and wanted to rid of things she purchased, the proverbial "retail therapy", but within a years time, she was right back in the swing of things. Needless to say that friendship ended. She felt I was too uptight. Bummer.
As we go along year after year and realizing we as humans at this point and incredibly stupid being smashed down by a system and spoon-fed cuntly consumer advice from the corporate minions, I would eventually like to vanish. Poof. Buy acreage way north, grow, and die. This is a very sound plan. I always wanted my own restaurant but witnessed uncles do this with 25 years into the business and never taking breaks for holiday. No thanks. I really don't know if it is about working for self or working for passion. I do know if you wanna profit, YOU HAVE TO USE THE TOOLS and what is trending in recent marginal markets. No doubt. It's a sick, sad trade but I modeled around the system and unless I am under the table in some illegal tender, there's no getting away with it. If you have any better ideas, email me please. I'm not up for bank robberies anymore...there's no glory.
PS - that once again inane poem "System of Love" written in 30 seconds with zero thought to it....liked?! HOW DUMB. I guess it resonates. People are weird!!

No comments:
Post a Comment