Saturday, August 9, 2014

How to professionally fuck off

I am not even sure where to start. I'm only on day 6 of my time off with pay and it feels like three months. Best shit ever. I have packed in so much goodness this time around, I'm thinking about making this a permanent hobby. I think the most important part of my trip was visiting with my cousin Marco. I have 51 first cousins and he is about the only one I keep in touch with on a regular basis. Marco and Peter were the only cousins to remain on the Artisco, which if you know anything about 'res' life, it's anything but hopeful. I arrived to Marco house, he now lives on the Lechee land outside of Page, AZ with his wife Illianae Gaylon Love. She is Navajo decent and they met when Marco was working in Page. We chatted and caught up until Illianae informed me that I would be receiving healing from local healer, Aquene. Long overdue for me, I obliged. Shaman woman could see right to the thick of things and applied what I would call "Cranial Sacral" massage therapy. I felt so good after the session, my head stop splitting and she abruptly let me know that I have to stop selling myself. No more slaving. I knew exactly what she meant and left with a shine in my eye that had Marco laughing. I spent the night at the house, woke up on the 5th and headed back to the hotel which was conveniently 10 miles away.  My turning point. August 4th changed everything and nothing has been the same. Amongst the other assorted activities I enjoyed with friends, I know my deadline is far more clear than it was a week ago. It's good when you have sight and can apply your skills and finally execute.

I also have another concern in my life that has fallen away for whatever reason, but I question nothing. I just know that "it is what it is" and if I'm not meant to be part of it, I will move along. This brings me into the part of professionally fucking off. I drove up the coast with unwanted company but wanted company at destination. My buddy Dan and his gal, Maria are hardworking, professional, fuck off's. This means do what you will but make the best of each activity and forget the goofy ass electronic world this mad world has created. At home, Dan would always laughs at me with my Facebook antics of being silly or upset and having the need to display this garble to people who really don't matter. Now saying they don't matter is a bit rough but we'll not get into that. It wasn't until yesterday morning, early wake up and checking out the surf, we were standing with coffee/tea in our hands and I am the only goof with a phone. It was this moment, like a movie that narrowed down to such a finite moment, it hit me like a ton of bricks and the immediate response to self was, "that's it, no more." I only have two social media accounts that serve me access to electronics friends. Killed them both, dead. It felt really good. Ridiculous good. We'll see where this takes me...

Oh, by the way, I made you something. I was taught "stringing" years ago, both me and my sister. My grandmother (dad's mom) would give us endless pieces to create jewelry and bracelets. On the nigh of the 4th, Illianae and I hung out and talked about dreams, goals, etc. will making wearable art. I have no idea how to get this to you, I have no address to send. I guess I'll hand it over in the after-life when I see you. Kinda sad. Two pieces. Cedar and green. Super cool.

Anyway, I'm off to Half Moon. Hope you're well and all this sucks, but I guess it's all we got for now. A small shadow I am just trying to ride the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment