damn the things we do for friends:
Gripe.
I haven't been to a wedding since 1997. I don't attend weddings. I don't care who you are, I don't support the motion it takes within the Universe and maybe I have been blessed in my intentions not be bothered. Since 1997, I have only been invited twice and declined both with for whatever reason, I was only holiday during both events. I will, yes, this Saturday attend a wedding. This is for a special friend, who heaven forbid better stay married or I'm out a couple hundred dollars. It's like gambling and let me tell you, marriage, shitty odds and the house always crumbles. My friend, we'll call him 'John' is finally after 23 years is marrying his baby mama. Whatever, but he is such a good soul with good intent, I will dive in and pull out my best and attend. I think the best part of it all, is now, my local weather is out of control. We have humidity by the sea right now that is the 80 percentile and high temps. Let's all picture sweat dripping as we sit and watch two people decide to embark upon some system that will give them a tax break...the biggest tax fraud EVER!!!
I'll stop with my cynicism now. I can lay it on thick cos I break things down and see for what it is. I tried to stop being cynical once and I got sick. Yup.
In retrospect, I understand why I am so against marriage. Shit, I'm against many things but it's the whole reason behind WHY it was developed to begin with. I got a very large view of why wealth protects wealth during my estate planning years, and at the most squandering level where a couple has nothing to pass on but their vows of love to each other, where does one give justification to such rites? I have to say at the higher end level, no person is getting access to my financial portfolio because we didn't get along and possibly one day someone may get a piece of heart and have comfort in knowing they will be cared for until their dying days. I'm totally good with the later, but far too comfortable with myself as a whole to unravel the psychology of another to mess with the mess already dormant in their soul. Too rational....yes! In my life, a blessing. Love the whole, your whole. Help where needed and follow your passions in life. More like....
Since leaving behind a lost dream
He seeing only the words scripted
I am part of nothing but something
We can dream to or not dreaming
But living through the Universal
Speak that is called a red thread
Of time
We don't leave, we share, care
As if not time or distance separates
Only the psychical demands bodied
Day in and out
Since we know the love exist why
is it so bad that we leave it as is?
If you hide these feelings in words
it will come to be whether accepted
or not
Mic
Here, on right now. All will be revealed. In joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment