I wanna talk about the ol' 'NOTW' movement. Ya feel me? NOTW hit my area about 2003 and little did I know the headquarters is basically local. The timing would also coincide with the "pop up churches" that came about; the social gathering place for the mid to late 30, with small families. There is a large part of the kids from 70's, raised with no doctrine, now in search of some sort of saving grace for their souls. I noticed the push from females of course looking to place their unfulfilled lives into meeting new couples to network with. Why would I know this? Well, my poor sons were dragged into this hell for approximately 2.3 years. They were forced to attend what they described as "Power Point Services" filled with christian-rock bands in between presentations. We must remember, in order to innovate, you must stay ahead of the curve and capture the immediate target market. My oldest was about 13 at the time and was very keen to the bullshit they were dishing up, but he couldn't put up too much of a fight. His step-mom, she's the ruthless, maniacal type, so he would have to tread lightly with his resistance in attending.
So, with this new culture in church going, not the holy rollin' Sunday of yore, but more the "Hey, Jesus can be hip" movement, I am starting to wonder, now ten years later if we are indeed going to see a psychedelia/religious movement come back. There was something similar in the late 60s called the "Son Worshipers". We're a bit off the mark in timing cycle, but possibly the PPT church (PowerPoint) was the onset of it all. More evangelism and pumping fundamentalism into politics. I am firm believer in cycles of business and sociological development. This seems to fall between 29 to 33 year cycle. Surprise, surprise right? And why not combine new age crack with the oldest lie ever? And even taking it all a bit further, the entire upswing of psychedelia freaks doping up to find gd. So now, could we start to see more legalization of weed, then finally folding them into the alternative church or at that point, cults. Jesus and Weed with be synonymous again. Just like the days of Haight, why not a big population of the 20 something is ripe for the picking. And if the system has a chance to profit, it will.
Oh! Well, I suppose business has dropped away. I used to see these large, obscene sticker on the back of cars (logo below). Looks like the company is downsizing. Bummer. I can't even begin to talk to the symbolism, just have a laugh good christian folks sporting this. Oh, the funny. Thanks for sending your questions and concerns.
https://www.notw.com/underconstruction.asp
| ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment