Friday, November 7, 2014

Heading Home!

Tally-ho! What a great time out into the wild Key yonder. Woooooooo, I'm fucking tired, and I can recoup the weekend away and DO NOTHING! I have this choice and freedom in my life, and I created it, so everyone can fuck off. I'm supposed to worry about uprising half way across the globe, no. I get it! I'm half dead in my earth years and right now; I am still in the breeze of it all, and I'm going to think about getting back on my surfboard when I get home. And the best part about it all, no one is going to stop me. That's what you get for remaining on the white square. They'll try to knock you off, but you get up and you rise even further. Yea, enjoy the read...or don't.

I've been traveling to the Keys since my early 20's. It's changed just a bit, not too much, but what I get a kick out of is the 'southern' element. You meet the kookiest people down there. Example, well the first night popping into the small oceanfront resort, I just needed something to tie me over for the night. Taking a look at their menu, I was glad to see simple items and nothing up "meat alley". Since it was a bar atmosphere, there was your typical music playing, a few locals, and of course the folks from Carolina's and Atlanta area. At one point, I discovered the DJ was the security guard and the maintenance man. I was fascinated as he would answer calls then come back, grab his bass and karaoke to some 70's funk, barely singing into the mic just to practice his bass lines. It was a "dafuq" kind of evening. I find such lovely humor in wild, colorful people, just living their dream and simply happy; I must say if you want an entire spectrum of wacky people that's the place.

The big draw that took me there this time was a diving excursion with my friend, David. He is a salt water conch (local) and since I had only dove in the lower part Largo with him, (Spiegel Grove), I was looking forward to being a bit more south and diving 40ft at Looe Key. Talk about stepping it up in underwater scenery. The parrotfish and barracuda were everywhere also a huge school of rays, which is a rare sighting. We took two days to explore, and one bit of relief is the coral is replenishing itself, which is a signal that the cycle is coming around again. Very happy with the water, I was even more thrilled for the accommodation I chose. I had wanted to stay at Little Palm Island (Munson island) for many years but never had a chance to unwind while down there. Stay here was well worth the spend. From the moment, you pull up everything is taken care of, and you simply have the island at your disposal. Fairly small you and 29 others suites have 1/4 mile to roam about with many activities or simply laying around. If you enjoy solitude, hands down, go!

Unfortunenatley, not every waking moment was utter splendor. I discovered on this trip that my patience with old people is growing shorter with each passing year. I have never had great respect of old people because I didn't have many to look up to. My grandmother left me early on, and the rest around me were corrupt as fuck. I get a bit pissed when people say, "respect your elders." Let me tell you, if you had my elders you wouldn't. This lead to Tuesday afternoon while I read my book on the beach and "Granny" a local Key deer came strolling down the beach. The deer is a protected species, and where some of the younger deer can swim and go from island to island, Granny is very old now and is a permanent fixture. As she strolled down the beach, she approached an older couple for some snacks. If you know anything about animals, they will understand where you are coming from if you understand where they are coming from. Apparently she annoyed old man bitter, and he took his paper and hit her, hard on the head.

There are two things I could murder over; that is the abuse of children  or animals in my presence. I lost my shit; I lost it! Completely. I came unfucking done. I was sitting with Sherry and Doug was on the other side of her, and I was on the other end. Doug had said he had never seen me jump so quickly in all the years he's known me. I stood there about 2 feet from this old piece of shit and unleashed many words for him. He had that blank psychopathic stare.  The nothing inside, empty soul. I can't explain it. The pupil is constricted tight, and the look is glazed over. And his stupid wife just sat there...just fucking sat there. After all was shouted and done, I stomped back to  my chaise lounge. I guess the girl in the next cabana was also shouting at the old man the time I was leaping to choke him the fuck out. The local cabana boy came over, tried to calm me down and as the old man and his crusty, POS wife packed up and left the beach, I gave them one last, "I hope to gd I don't see you the rest of my stay here, you piece of fuck!"  I'm not good when it comes to abuse, something triggers, and I see red.

I'm sick of old people stuck in the old model but I am thrilled they'll be dead in about ten years. Then no more "Great Generation".  THANK GD!!
Now we just have the residual crap from the Baby Boomers although a good chunk I know is awakened to a degree, so we can get on with a better outcome for the future. As you can see, I'm an optimist. I know there will always be horrible people, which sucks. It sucks ass. I'm not expecting everything to be rainbows and sunshine but at some level there has to be a breaking point for the world to change.

For what it was worth, I had to shake that off, so I comforted Granny, gave her my leftover side garnishes from lunch (celery and carrots). I don't know what my deal is with animals, they all come to me friends say it's the strangest thing. I was a kid who started bringing strays home as early as nine years old. I can't count how many pets I have had over my lifetime, and all of them have lived very long lives, more than the average span. I don't know; I don't over examine it, I just provide love and care to all children and animals.

As Wednesday arrived, I had once again to pack my bags and head to the endpoint of America, the city of Key West. I departed from Little Palm and met up with friends who had been staying there since earlier in the week. I love Duvall; I love the crazy, fun, weird people. No one cares, or they're carefree I should say! Most of the travelers are kind, open minded, and the locals are just as willing to participate in the madness. I never have trouble with dining, as they have my favorite health food store "Sugar Apple" that has been around for many years, so yummy! Phil still remembers my face but never my name...hehe.












It's been great looking back at all my years going to that part of Florida. From "Fantasy Fest" in my late 20's and early 30's (when I had a cute little body), and it allowed for such fun. Now in my later years, I can sit back and take it all in and slow the hell down. The temp during November is not humid, and the average is about 78. All in all....perfect weather with a constant breeze. Oh, the horror! ;) Everyone should experience the Keys once in their life, just to get freaking lost. It's  the place where it's encouraged. And, by the way, I know the creepy Virgin bit is creepy, but I am sold on that airline.  They do everything just "so" and have great service. It was nice to be a part of the early morning shine and the nighttime stars.

Thanks for stopping by!! xoxo

PS I need to book my trip and get me ticket for the North. Oh, some links I found to be quite interesting.


https://personality.visualdna.com/?c=us#feedback/a0e94ee0-1203-420a-ba5b-8f0f18820a59

http://www.marcandangel.com/2008/07/07/25-acts-of-body-language-to-avoid/

No comments:

Post a Comment