Sunday, July 6, 2014

Narcolepsy and you?

Did I ever tell you I dated a narcoleptic? Let's all have a laugh.  Funniest shit ever.  His name is Brandt "X". from Laguna.  I don't mind giving away partial names...is what it is. Super duper nice guy. Probably would have given me the world.  Meh.  No one wants the world.  Some just want a simple, sweet, quiet love.

(sitting back)

Saddest part, where did I meet him? Was it at the "Piper"?  Eh, screw it.  Doesn't matter, let's get to the funny.  Unfortunately, I have a path of super assholes in my past but he was so kind, so nice, and so young and to some degree deserves praises.  I think he was nine years my junior? ANYWAY...after laughing and being dorks I had to come to understand this very gentle giant (super tall/big Swede) was a Pisces Stellium strung out on about everything under the sun, drug wise.  First, I can't and don't do drugs.  I can't...my body wigs out.  No really, it's not good and I have tried everything under the sun.  This was very short lived affair mixed with surfing, drinking, and endless sunsets. Zzzzz....

Bored yet?  Well, I was getting there?  Brandt's dad was a the CEO of a large conglomo bank (gag) and let's stop there!  His father and mother previous hippies of the 60's who tapped into the money market.  My folks were assholes but at least they hustled without completely selling out.  My dad always said, "Darce, real estate, focus; it's the only viable thing too turn profit." So, in meeting his hippie parents and about falling off my rocker in and wanting out quickly, it soon came time to know what "Narcolepsy" was all about.  I'm going to try to put this nicely, I uhhh....errr....ummm....he would fall asleep in conversation, in a relaxing situations (quietly talking), etc.  Not easy territory to navigate.  When you're with someone, and well you don't know whether to stay or high tale it the fuck outta where you are, shit gets confusing.  I have to say, I got so fed up I finally asked him, "Why the hell didn't you tell me you're narcoleptic?"  I felt bad and so did he.  His reply, "I didn't want you to reject me!"  My point was, wasn't all this drug dropping shit contributing to such a problem but he claimed it helped his issue. I'm all about natural solutions, so.

All I thought was I didn't need to be the next statistic of highway death as driver falls asleep at the wheel and passenger parishes!  I'm all about compassion but get with a narcoleptic and get back to me.  This situation is nothing.  Why I have these very strange situations come my way is, I don't know.  I will say; the guy had great taste in art. Not common for most males.

Four weeks with a Narcoleptic. Jesus christ, I hope this never comes your way.  Having a margarita, talking then realizing you are sitting there with a sleeping person, while everyone around you is, well, wondering...."good luck getting him home."


Stiff Little Fingers has nothing to do with this post...I just saw them back a couple years ago at the Galaxy and I just love them. In my ears, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment