Monday, January 11, 2016

KIDS LIVE

The top, most important thing you can ever nurture is the well being of your children. Not the enabling, crippling, somatic quick fixes this warped world offers but the emotional strength and self confidence they need to traverse their own minds. This is and always will be my top priority. 

If that meant keeping my adult life separate, well then, that's what played out.
If that meant relating to them on a parent level only and not "friending" them, so it be.
If that meant understanding their goals were never meant to be undermined by my views, then so it is

I suppose being on the outside of the circle during their schooling years was a complete blessing. I never mixed with most common drones anyway, and the whole "which parent is the most popular" was just high school replaying itself anyway.

The health of children IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE the MOST IMPORTANT motivation this planet can carry out. I cry to this day about it and I will probably cry about it at 80! I recall asking my oldest at age 9 what his dream was? He said he didn't have any and my heart sank into the pit area of the stomach. The product of a horrific custody battle, it was then I knew intervening was imperative. It was no longer in the courts, This battle was now set to introduce him to all the creativity in the world. Non-stop through so many mediums. I am so glad that this helped him as an outlet despite the other side of the fence that was influencing him in an incredibly negative fashion. He got it. I said, "Please pass the baton, son."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment